SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maine,

I followed a link to your website from the Catalina 36 forumns and wanted to ask where you found the cone type airfilters shown in the pictures on your web site. Is there a place were you can cross reference the parts?

It appears you were able to fit two different engines with the free breathing cone filters. I'd be interested in doing the same to help insure my Universal M35A is getting all the air it needs.

Bill
s/v Palmetto Moon
1991 C36

·
Super Moderator
6,771 Posts
I got them

I got them from a motorcycle shop after going through their K&N filter catalog. I did that not so much for air flow, the stock filter provides plenty, but so that I could build an efficient PCV filter to reduce the diesel smell in the cabin and to stop the factory filter from rattling.

I simply measured the intake throat with a set of calipers and then found a K&N with the most air flow and throat size to match my motor and ordered it. One side benefit is that the K&N does not rattle like the factory air filter.

Sorry I don't recall the model number of the filter but when you find one that fits please let us know which model it is I have had a lot of folks ask..

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I should have thought K&N right away. I'll try to get measurements this weekend so I can see what models might fit.

BTW, How does a PCV valve affect cabin smells?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts