SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Reaction score
There was a recent thread about interior paint choices here:

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/47843-prepping-cabin-my-sc22-painting-paint-q.html

You are right, there are a lot of choices. There was a recent thread about this, see my posts and others in above link but in a nutshell, I personally like 100% acrylic latex paints for interior work. Some will say latex isn't as durable or tough as oil-based paints, I haven't done side-by-side testing in a boat environment so I can't say if this is true. But I do know latex is much better than it used to be. For me latex has been tough enough, and I like the low fumes/easy cleanup of water-based finishes (latex is water based, traditional finishes are oil-based). Some people apparently use latex for painting the exterior or their boat even below the waterline ... dunno if I would do that but the fact that people do this might say something about it's toughness. Here's the link to the guy who paints his boat's bottom with latex: Latex Paint for Boats

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.