SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have the non skid gelcoat on the deck of my Crown 23, its looking kind of shaby and has some discolored spots where some hardware was mounted. I tried cleaning the discolored areas to no avail. What kind ofaint do u guys recomend and what about the prep.

Thanks much
Terry

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I use an Interlux topsides paint brushed on with a added mix of coarse quartz sand. This works well for me, but I wasn't sure by your post if you had a patterned gell coat non-skid which would present a different problem.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I think I'm going to try Kiwi grip this time, last boat I used Interlux with a NS additive, came out nice, but I want to try something different this time

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunatly it is the pattern crosshatch stuff, I guess I could paint right over it and use the sand trick !
I kinda like the look of the crosshatch pattern though, I always wondered how they did that , is it a layed down cloth or maybe its stamped it brfore the gel cote drys
I was thinking of a spray paint to preserve that xhatch look.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
original NS pattern is in the mold

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW they make it look sooo easy. question is where too get the old xhatch patterrn, I was thinking I could make my own from a good portion of deck

Could I just wax the section smear some epoxy and use this (after it dries) for my mold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts