SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Hmmm
514 Posts
Reaction score
Hardwork; I built one using plastic coated wire (the kind used for clothes lines) you get in hardware stores. I crimped an eye on one end and a snap shackle on the other. But I used those practice golf balls (the hollow ones with all the holes in them). It worked very well but a few of the balls crushed slightly over time so I think golf balls would work very well.

· Hmmm
514 Posts
Reaction score
Rik, or others - it looks like you have a tack line block set up so that as you jibe the asym, the tack line will actually take a partial wrap or at least have some contact with the sail on the furler. Is that correct? and does it present any practical problems such as chafe? The dvd UK Halsey sent me simply recommended putting the tack line block as far forward as possible.
My setup is quite similar to Riks however my tack line block is forward of the furler and my line runs between the pulpit and furler and it seems to work very well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.