SailNet Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1987 P-28-2 and was hoping to find someone that has scanned in an owners manual for this model. I have the original book but it is moldy and the pages are disintegrating with every turn. Has anyone had the forthought to preserve this manual in electronic form. Thanks for your help.
David

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a PDF version that I got from I dunno where. PM me an email address and I'll email it to you.

And congrats on your excellent new boat. I've owned hull #1 for only about a year, but it's a great boat thus far.

Finally, you should join the p28 yahoo forum, if you've not already: p28forum : Discussion group for owners of 28-foot Pearson sailboats.. Come to think of it, that's probably where I got the PDF manual.

--jmike

·
thinking of this...
224 Posts
Just bought a 1987 P-28-2 and was hoping to find someone that has scanned in an owners manual for this model. I have the original book but it is moldy and the pages are disintegrating with every turn. Has anyone had the forthought to preserve this manual in electronic form. Thanks for your help.
David
Great to hear David. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend joining the yahoo group as justmike recommends.

We're neighbors! I'm on the South River across from Quiet Waters Park.

·
Senior
1 Posts
I am another new Pearson 28-2 owner in Edgewater with hull number 170. Boat is hauled out in Casa Rio a bit early due to our weather last week. I have all the manuals for everything on the boat if you need anything, One folder is the Pearson manual and the other is all the supplied equipment.

Boat's name is Bunbury but my wife tells me I need to change the name over the winter. Thoroughly enjoying the boat so far, but spending quite a bit of time getting it knocked back into good shape.

·
thinking of this...
224 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have posted the Pearson 28-2 manual in PDF format in sections for ease of downloading. See the link below. Let me know if you have any problems and enjoy your (new?) Pearson 28-2. Interestingly, I think the 1986 Pearson 28-2 I recently bought in May 2016 was the same boat mentioned in mghorton's post above as it is hull number 170. We live in East Tennessee near Watauga Lake and I have enjoyed sailing recently renamed Impulsive. My wife and I are newbies but enjoying ourselves.

I have not posted enough in the SailNet system to post a link so you will have to copy the following in your browser (you may have to put www in front of it):

mcquain.org/pearson28/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you McQuain! I successfully downloaded the manual. By the way, my Brother's family and mine visited Lake Watauga years ago, we were very much enchanted by it's beauty. Thank you again, Brad Knopf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello bradknopf, I am a new owner of Pearson 28-2,
if you still have this pdf manual, I would greatly appreciate to get it from you.
please, tell me how we can reach out via email.
thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can still download or view the manual on my website if Brad is not able to email the manual. You will have to put "www" in front of the following:

mcquain.org/pearson28/

·
Irrationally Exuberant
1,406 Posts
Are you looking for the manual, Joe? I used to own a P28-2 and still have a PDF of what looks to be the manual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts