SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how the outhaul is rigged on a Pearson 30 (or send a picture)? My "new" old boat did not have one. There are two pulleys on the side of the boom, but I'm not sure whether they are used for this.

Thanks,

Bill

·
19,489 Posts
The pulleys on the side of the boom are most likely for slab/jiffy reefing lines. outhauls are generally led through blocks in the end of the boom, inline with the sailtrack/slot at the top of the boom.

A picture would help a lot... get your post count up so you can embed a picture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
outhaul question

hi bill,

i have a pearson 30 hull # 346 that i bought about a year ago and mine has a kenyon boom with the outhaul run internally through the boom with a 3/1 purchase and 1/4" line leading out of the front of the boom to a turning block(pulley) and on the aft end a wire that goes around a pulley and then to a captive-pin shackle that attaches to the clew of the main. i just recently replaced the wire line and shackle and can give you the sizes if you want.

i don't know what type of boom you have or if you can run it internally but that is an option for you. hope the info is helpful.

enjoy the boat. i love mine.

andy

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Our P30, hull #914, is rigged the same way as Andy's, with the exception that, coming back, the outhaul goes through a Spinlock cleat and then a small block. It's a fast and handy system for sail tweaks, but that ^[email protected]! Spinlock cleat is right over the top of the companionway when the boom is centered and I've grazed my noggin on it more than once :p.

Here's a picture that shows part of it:

The blue line forward of that is the reefing line, which comes out of the boom on the starboard side up there.

Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's about what mine looks like (#393) - but there's a lot more line on it when the outhaul is taut, due to ??:1 purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts