SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pearson offered a propane option on the 323 model with two tank storage lockers installed in the port and starboard cockpit settees aft of the main lockers; can anyone advise me as to how these two tanks were plumbed?

Thanks,

Jim Ellis

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike,

Congratulations on Hull #2! Thanks for the input; I suspected that the second locker was merely storage. That solves many problems for me. Did Pearson use a flexible pigtail and regulator attached to the inside of the locker?

I appreciate your help,

Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike,
Thanks; I sailed one for five years in the Eastern Caribbean while living in Puerto Rico and for the money, I'm not sure I could have owned a better first sailboat. It taught me how to sail and I will never have as much fun learning anything as those first years in the Caribbean. I sailed it from PR to St. Maarten and all the stops in between with an electronics package which included a VHF radio and a Combi depth, wind and knotmeter and it never once let me down. We had no bimini, no dodger, no navigation electronics, no auto pilot, no TV, no SSB, no water maker, nor headsail furler but we had 12 to 14 knots every single day out of the east, warm clear water and and anchorage around every headland; who could ask for more. The 323 is truly a special boat. I traded it in Long Island Sound for a Bristol 40 which I lived and cruised aboard for five years and there were many things I liked about the 323 better than the Bristol. I bought another 323 two years ago and now sail it in the sounds of Eastern North Carolina.
Thanks again for your reply,
Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike,

As you continue your restoration, keep D&R Marine in mind. Rudy Nickerson in Ma. once worked for Pearson and purchased much of the inventory for both Pearson and O'Day boats when they folded. He is at [email protected] and is a good source for boat specific parts and pieces.

He is my last hope for the propane lockers and will do a search when the snow melts.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.