SailNet Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Pearson P31-2, I looking for a parts source for
the plastic trim strip under the rub rail at the deck/hull joint.
Anyone have any luck finding this stuff?
Also, in the port cockpit locker there is a 1" hose coming out
of the floor liner going to a vented loop then to the large
deck drain hose. I can't find it in the manual and can't seem
to find where it goes after it goes into the liner. Anyone know
what is used for?
Thanks,
Joe

·
Ignoring Trolls in 2009
453 Posts
Joe,
Sorry no help on the trim, but if you post a pic of the hose you are talking about I should be able to tell you. I have spent many hours in my cockpit locker lately tracking down a wiring issue and have pretty much traced all the hoses and wires. My first thought is that it is the vent hose for the water tanks.
Welcome to Sailnet,
Michael

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mystery Hose

Hi Michael,
Perhaps you can help a newbie figure out how to post a pix.
I couldn't seem to find how in the help stuff. The Insert Image
seems to want a URL but the attachment button didn't right
either.
Those hose isn't the water tank vents, they come out on the
transom. I thought I found a source for the trim but they didn't
have the right size.
Any chance you were in the Abacos last June? I came across
another P31-2 from Texas that had an early hull number but
only talked briefly with the folks onboard.
Joe

·
Ignoring Trolls in 2009
453 Posts
Joe,
Wish I could say it was me in the Abacos, but it wasn't. As for posting pics, read this thread:
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailnet-how-tos/28958-steps-posting-pictures.html
You might need 10 posts before you can post a pic though.
I'm at my boat right now looking in the locker and cannot find anything with a vented loop. Also, I don't have my camara with me, but let me describe the hoses I have and see if one matches with your mystery hose.

1 Forward end of the locker, scupper to drain
2. Metal piping from propane locker running along outer edge of locker to stove.
3. Diesel fill hose from deck plate to aft end and down to tank.
4. Manual bilge pump from port seat back to forward floor
5. Exhaust hose from transom to forward floor.
6. Blower motor hose from cockpit below port side seats near the wheel to foward locker floor.

My boat actually doesn't have the water tank vents, that's why that was my first guess.

Michael

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
The rub rail I think you find it unique to pearsons and odays. Call on Rudy at D&R Marine.com good luck! my boat needs it also.

·
Pearson 303
410 Posts
Yes, try D&R for the rubrail, but also check out Taco Marine. Taco has the rubrail for my Pearson 303 (as does D&R, but theirs is probably made by Taco). As for the hose, is there any chance it runs from the shower sump? Our boat came from the factory with a shower sump line that runs from under the head sole on the starboard side, across the bilge, to a pump on the port side, then up to a vented loop behind one the seat backs, and finally to a thruhull just above the waterline.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone know where to find gaskets for the stanchions ?

My Pearson 303 has white gasket materials to bed the stanchions. I want to rebed them with 3M or Sika flex but I want to replace the gaskets at the same time.

Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never Used Pearson 31 Holding Tank

Looking to sell a 24 gallon Holding Tank for a Pearson 31 Sailboat. Contact info if interested. Cell 8609066317. Price $300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1971 Pearson 26. I recently purchased it and have several leaks around the windows. I am missing the screen and rubber seal on the side portal window in the head area. Does anyone know if I can replace the seal and screen or where I can find a replacement window? I have looked on line and found a site that may have had the correct window but, cant seem to find it again. it is the oval dog down windows approximate outside sizer or 16 1/2" by 6 3/4 ". Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just became involved in the upkeep and maintenance of a Pearson 26, hull 730 or so.

Before I climb the mast, was curious what the spreader and mast head light bulbs might be, looking to replace with LED. Parts list I found online suggests a GE 212-1 old style for the spreader lights and no clue for what might be above that.

When I disassembled the bow/stern lights, seems to be a 1004 bulb but the housing is melted from the heat and gasket is dust. Duhhhh!

Any ideas are appreciated including suggestions for updates that let us meet our inland evening lighting requirements.

Thanks, MC

·
Banned
12,366 Posts
Just became involved in the upkeep and maintenance of a Pearson 26, hull 730 or so.

Before I climb the mast, was curious what the spreader and mast head light bulbs might be, looking to replace with LED. Parts list I found online suggests a GE 212-1 old style for the spreader lights and no clue for what might be above that.

When I disassembled the bow/stern lights, seems to be a 1004 bulb but the housing is melted from the heat and gasket is dust. Duhhhh!

Any ideas are appreciated including suggestions for updates that let us meet our inland evening lighting requirements.

Thanks, MC
Sky’s the limit here as there are many different types and kinds
Wiring is simple.

I prefer the Aquasignal lights and have had good luck with them

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/aqu...6+14061&Nrpp=40&brandSelected=t&ct=4294967100

Check various websites as there can be good sales on them

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few years ago I replaced our spreader and masthead steaming light with a combination masthead/deck light made by forespar available from Defender. Also installed a wire guard over the light fixture to protect it from the jib also available from Defender. You have to run an additional wire in the mast so you can switch the deck light and steaming lights on separately. 3 wire is all you need, 2+, 1-. Very satisfied and a lot of light on foredeck .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts