SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've seen that ad; I almost convinced my wife to take the short ride over to look at her!

Take a look at this example:

1968 Pearson Renegade sailboat for sale in Colorado

Seems to me that this is a classic case of someone putting an awful lot of time and money into a boat, and wanting to get some of that back. Regardless, check out that door to the head!
I see nothing wrong with putting this much effort into an old boat. Gives others an idea of what can be achieved. And if you are going to have the boat a long time, the value added is in the use and enjoyment of the work and money spent. Trying to get too much money out is a problem, but the same goes for almost all boats. This guy isn't the first owner in la la land with his asking price.

That said, when i look at the pic of the door to the head, what I see is a door jamb that is not square. Maybe a distortion in the pic caused by the wide angle lens used for the pic, but that compression post is right there. Hmm, how many old Pearsons have i seen with this problem? Not a biggie but first thing i noticed. The door is beautiful!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.