SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Over-caffeinated
314 Posts

·
19,489 Posts
Never heard that term before.. in reference to anything...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The tube where the shaft exits is called a Pedro tube...
You've just made that sh*t up, haven't you? Or did someone ask you to start this post on SN as a little joke on you?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
must be kind of a power boat term. only time I have heard it was from the power boaters. maybe Pedro was the first one to change his Jose.

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the name came from...... a guy named Pedro. What did I win?

+1 for the joke likely being on you.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You're really wondering why it wasn't named 'McMillan tube' or 'Miller's tube' rather than 'Pedro tube' sounds like racial tones to it?:p

Just wondering? :D

·
Irrationally Exuberant
1,402 Posts
Definitely think someone's messing with you..like "go find a string straightener"

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You're really wondering why it wasn't named 'McMillan tube' or 'Miller's tube' rather than 'Pedro tube' sounds like racial tones to it?:p

Just wondering? :D
So we have to be on tippy toes worrying about being politically correct? Gees guys, get real get a life. WGAF

·
Registered
898 Posts
Pedro is common slang for a well equipped guy. Combine that with the big tube in the rear of a powerboat, boatyard discourse, sailor mentality ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The term is well known among boat yards and repair facilities. Amazing how much speculation on the origin. Glad I asked.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts