SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These movable pegs are on the counter top in the rear of my galley. They are below the cockpit, therefore are in a space about one foot high. It looks like someone went through a lot of effort to install them. With the exception of using them to store cups, I can't figure out how to use them effectively. I'm tempted to put plastic baskets in their place to store things in. Anyone know what they are for?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,503 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Well yea, that's what I meant :)

I know, but I said that just in case someone else didn't know what you meant. :)

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Yes, they do look like they're to allow you to store plates and bowls on the counter by stacking them and preventing them from moving. The reason for the different holes is probably to accommodate different sets of plates.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dishes are the obvious conclusion I came to. The problem is, the pegs are not effective (too far apart for one thing). I can slide a dish strainer in there and secure it with bungee or something, and it will store many more dishes in a lot less space. Seems like a noble idea that wasn't well thought out. Peg, your outta here! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something clever and useful! Thanks.

·
Hudson sailor
13 Posts
Obviously they are thole pins to facilitate rowing. However the placement indicates that they were installed after way-too-many gin&tonics, imbibed in the hot sun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts