SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Pelican's Blog

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  labatt 
#1 ·
For those interested, my blog is now at s/v Pelican - Following A Dream. Please feel free to peruse and comment. We'll try to update it frequently. For the next few weeks it will mostly be about our preparation for heading south, but we'll try to keep it interesting.

Chris

#2 ·
Thanks Chris...already bookmarked it. :)

#5 ·
Delivery is done, blog is updated (http://blog.svpelican.com). It was a great opportunity to see what equipment needs replacing (such as our broken autopilot, broken chartplotter, broken mushroom vent, broken chain locker cover, yada yada yada), and now we're in a great place with great resources for getting Pelican ready to be our home.

#6 ·
Sounds like fun!! I envy people that have the discipline to actually have a blog about their boating activities. I'm usually too tired to think straight after messing with the boat for any extended period of time.

I look forward to reading about your adventures! Take lots of pix!!!

#7 ·
Chris,
Great blog. It always amazes me that no matter which direction you are going, and which direction the wind has been blowing, it will always be on your nose in Delaware Bay.
BTW, I replace my autopilot this summer with the new Simrad model and am very happy with it.
I must have missed a post, but are you packing it in on land to head south? If so great for you guys.

#8 ·
Enjoyed the read Chris, Sounds like it was a great experience.
Have you considered posting your blog on "cruisenews.net. There are a number of great ongoing blogs there that like yours a great reads.

#9 ·
Yep - we made a spur of the moment decision four weeks ago when we were bringing Pelican from Champlain to CT to get some work done to get the heck out of dodge... and now we have have another 2 weeks to finish a million details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.