SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's an amazing 70 degrees today in Phoenix and decided to putter around the boat this morning while listening to Jimmy Buffet and drinking coffee. Merry Christmas everyone...

The last two are of my new baby, only got her in the water two weeks ago after buying her a month ago. Had the bottom painted with barrier and anti-fouling. Good to go for a few years, at least..

Dock3.jpg

covered slips.jpg

More Sailboats.jpg

Port Side.jpg

Starboard.jpg

·
Captain Obvious
2,386 Posts
Looks great. I am missing my Cat (under a tarp and snow) and my family in Phoenix.

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
Bah humbug. I need to flag this thread. And ask the admins how to get you booted from the site. It never got above freezing here, and we had near white-out conditions for a while this evening! People like you shouldn't be allowed to post here.

(yes, I'm kidding, and very envious!) Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's Lake Pleasant about 40 miles NW of Phoenix, as you maybe can tell from the pic we have a huge sailboat fleet there.

I'd say well over a 100, with a large fleet of C22's, C25, and C30's. We even have a few dozen mid 30' on the lake...

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
It hasn't been 70 in Seattle, but I've still been able to sail a lot the last few days.

Sunday was a little calm and foggy and involved a lot of rowing on my friend's (engineless) boat. Still a nice time to hang out with some friends. The best sailing occurred as we were heading back into the north end of the breakwater. The wind picked up from the south, so we beat down to the south end of the breakwater to avoid short tacking down the main fairway.

Monday was slow at work for a friend and I, so we left a little early and took out my Pearson 28-2 for a couple of hours. It was in the lower 50s and very sunny and clear with winds around 8 knots. We sailed close hauled to the north for a while, swung around and sailed a broad reach under asym spinnaker, then close hauled back to the breakwater.

Yesterday we went out again on his Yankee 30 and took his parents sailing for the first time. It was also the first time sailing with his new sail. The wind was quite light (about 5 knots growing to 7 knots) as we sailed close hauled across to Bainbridge Island, then put up the symmetric spinnaker from my boat and sailed back on a broad reach. We made great time coming back as the wind picked up slightly. His boat has a feathering prop and moves pretty nicely even in light air.

I feel lucky to live in a city with such great year round sailing. It's not always so nice in this winter, but this fall and winter have been pretty dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts