SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1982 Skye 51
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year, all!

After 28 years of faithful service, the shutdown solenoid on my Perkins 4.236 has finally given out. I am trying to source one locally in Indonesia but cannot find all of the pertinent information--there is nothing on the original unit. A shop here stocks Trombetta solenoids (possibly relabeled Chinese knock-offs) but I cannot choose a model because I do not know the pull of my old solenoid. Does anyone know where i might find these specs? I have not had any luck on the internet finding this number. TAD shows pictures but does not have specifications.

Any help is much appreciated!

·
1982 Skye 51
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always an option. Right now, I just go below and rock the arm on the injector pump manually. However, solenoids are available here (a surprising number), I just don't know which one to choose without the specs from the original

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am seeking any info on the Perkins 1984 4236 Low Line. It is a replacement engine on my recently purchased vessel and has not been started in years. Advice for getting it ready ect,,,,have already replaced all hoses, fluids, belt I have turned it over but haven't run it yet. vessel is on the hard and would like to be sure engine is sound before launch. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.