SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Have you 2 spent in time in the Phils? If not you need to go, and spend some time if possible. The country is so diverse. From steaming hot humidity to nearly freezing......i2f
My Asawa (wife) is from San Carlos City, ***** Occidental.. I was stationed in Subic pier 4 during the early 80's. Currently I am boatless. Looking at some good used boats to fix up. But I may choose to build.
Jim

Registered
They build cold molded cats in Cebu. There are many designs in cold molded if you are going to build yourself, or have a boat built. What type of boat, and size are you thinking?

My wife is from Davao. We could be leaving as early as this Christmas for the Phils. What's your plan moving there?......i2f
I am flying over for Christmas. If I was to build a boat I would build it myself. I am considering building out of wood there in the Phils but not sure as of yet. I would prefer fiberglass build right here in the states. Outfitting is a little hard in the Phil. Thinking about Roger Long's Design.
Other Boat Designs

They just finished building a yacht yard on Samal Island. They have launched 2-3 boats already from it.
I would prefer to buy a good used boat. But I have limited funds right now.
Jim

Registered
What are they building on Samal? I redid my wedding vows there in 06. I am trying to keep up wuth the new marina, but it's progress is SLOW......i2f
First boat was launched Nov 16, 2008. It was Bruce Roberts designed 38.. From what I understand several more has been launched since then.

Not sure if any of them has been sail boats or not.
Jim
[email protected]

Registered
I saw these. This is at the north end of the island next to the marina. Ellen from sailsamal has her boat there

Sail Samal: About

I am off to the boat for a cold one. I''ll be back online Monday. I'll PM you with my e-mail....i2f
I just placed a bid on a 1980 Spirit Sloop 28. Its one of those boats that people didnt pay their slip fee's and the marina repo's the boat. The auction ends Sept 6th. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.