SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post these photos. Thank you Forum.
After not being able to achive more that 2000 rpm and reading the forum I decided to check out the mixing elbow. Twice. The first time I just took and pulled the flange off the exhaust manifold and saw nothing but it keep bugging me so I pulled the riser off and took it to a friends house and took off the RW inlet, which I thought was o.k. because I could blow into it just fine! but when we got the flange and elbow off and I could see inside I was blown away at the two restrictions. There was about a 1/4 inch hole for both the RW and Exhaust to pass through. It appeared to me that the water was coming out of the wet exhaust just fine. As an aside a few months before when the heat jumped up I pulled off the Heat Exchanger I found it was plugged up with all sorts of things! How it could have ran with the HX and Mixing Elbow plugged is amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already had it in hand! After reading many posts in the forum and seeing an attached photo of a cutaway Riser I thought it might be prudent. The big surprise after seeing the corrosion was the left handed thread. I had talked to a P.O. who had put on the Campbell Sailer prop on and he said that he thought it might be over propped or pitched by a half inch so I did not think that was the problem. It came with a 2 micron Racon filter and that will be my next fix to go to a 10 micron if the RPM's still don't get to 2600 in gear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would assume so but alas one should never assume. It would make sense though. Give these people a call and they will be able to help you: Google: Torresen Marine Supply. It's not an expensive part as far as parts go.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Replaced mine on my 3GM30F last spring. Looks identical. The coupling that connects the exhaust manifold to the exhaust elbow has RH threads on one end and LH on the other. Theoretically allows you to remove the elbow without rotating it, but that never works as the threads are usually frozen. I was able to reuse my coupling and "just" needed the elbow and manifold gasket.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The type of exhaust elbow on your 2QM15 engine will depend on the space available for best installation. Some installations use a 45 degree exhaust elbow similar to this:

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle Carburetor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.