SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had Azura for nearly 2 years, and FINALLY someone got some good pics of her under sail!

We raced in a short handed race with our club last weekend. The wind built throughout the race, ending up beating into 20 knots with gusts to 30. These pics were taken on that beat. (I know...it doesn't look like 20kts because of the flat water...we always get flat water in that area)

Unfortunately we still don't have any pics of our spinnaker....maybe next weekend!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Beautiful! It is hard to get pictures of your own boat under sail - those are very nice!

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
Cool idea for a thread. It's actually pretty hard to get a picture of your own boat under sail seems to almost happen by chance.

I have one picture of my boat under sail. Lake Deschennes, Ottawa.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drones are beginning to make this easier to do. This is our previous boat with drone pic taken by a friend. Don't have any of our current boat yet.

Mark
I have a drone, but haven't been brave enough to try launching and retrieving from a moving boat yet!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Shock,
Those pictures are absolutely disgusting! Awesome Boat, Awesome Scenery and no doubt Awesome refreshments after the race.
I'm going to wait till I know it's the rainy season in Vancouver before posting sunny day pictures of bikini clad girls on the foredeck sipping mohitos.........

Wonder what that's gonna cost me :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shock,

Those pictures are absolutely disgusting! Awesome Boat, Awesome Scenery and no doubt Awesome refreshments after the race.

I'm going to wait till I know it's the rainy season in Vancouver before posting sunny day pictures of bikini clad girls on the foredeck sipping mohitos.........

Wonder what that's gonna cost me :confused::confused::confused:
We are currently experiencing what is known as Juneuary. This past weekend we were away, and I don't think it stopped raining for more than an hour all weekend. We had the heat on all weekend...in June!

So...where are those bikini pics?

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
292 Posts
Light airs, getting ready to tack one last time before approach to marina. Pardon the fender hanging out but was attempting to sail her till past the breakwater and didn't want to mess with that fender while dousing sails, getting the trusty Yanmar fired up and backing her in our slip single handed. The port side fenders I drop after in our slip so I don't rub them off on the finger pier coming in, while the starboard side fender is out in case the SW wind that day tried to carry me towards the nice boat next to us before all lines were secured. We wanna keep them as friends. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts