SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 1718 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a long time since we had a thread along these lines. The "rules" are simple - identify the location where the last image (sailing-related) in the thread was taken. If the image poster confirms that the guess was accurate then you've earned the privilege of posting the next picture for others to identify. If the person posting the picture takes too long to respond a mod may pull out the red flag and allow someone else to post a picture in order to keep the thread moving. We're off - here's the starter picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct, Arcb. This was taken during a water tour of the city. You can see the "Landungsbrücken" with the flags in the distance. The baton goes to you - I'm sure you'll find an image that is somewhat more difficult to identify so quickly.

Attachments

·
11,845 Posts
St Mary’s River off Amelia Island, Ga.

·
Super Moderator
4,198 Posts
Alright, maybe I didn't include enough clues in the pic, although, I think some may recognise it from their travels. This sign is a good clue, it's taken about 20-30 feet from the dock I was standing on. That's my boat on the beach.

Edit: the sign says: Caution, crocodiles in area. No swimming.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was hopeful that the area code in the telephone number on the sign might narrow things down, but then realized it was a toll-free number. Pretty strong winds according to the dock picture and the froth on the beach in the second, and not much tidal range - but those clues don't narrow it down enough for me.

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts
It looks very open to have a boat tied up there.
Notice the direction of the wind is from the shore? It must *always* be from the shore or the waves from that fetch would make the Dock untenable.

These photos always have more clues than we first see.

·
Super Moderator
4,198 Posts
@SanderO is close enough:) It's actually Key Largo, but I would have accepted Florida Keys or Florida Bay.

Regarding the sign. American Saltwater Crocodiles have a very small range in the US. Just a handful of counties in South Florida.

This is the finish Line of the Everglades challenge. The pic was a screenshot I took from a video clip. It has a nice mix of extreme shoal draft racers.

I guess SanderO is up?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I guess Arcb needs a better camera. I tried to read the hailing ports from the transoms.

1 - 20 of 1718 Posts