SailNet Community banner

381 - 400 of 1718 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
I think it is English Harbour as well, but when sitting in that bar drinking Wadadli's it all gets kinda hazy :)

p.s. I'm really enjoying the thread - the picture are definitely all over the place and what is hard for one person is easy for the next. And we've beaten Godwin's Law so far as well!

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Prettiest harbour in the world with the most rude Custims/Immigration officers in the world. I had a better time getting into Russia in the Cold War!
I happen to love almost everything about the place. It seemed to have all the right things in the right amount... that I like or need... when I was there over 3 or 4 years, it was almost never too crowded, but with enough interesting boats and people... a so so market which was dinghy accessible, all manner of marine technical/mechanical/electronics repair, a decent chandlery and boat yard, beaches, mangroves, Shirley Heights' Jump Ups, restaurants, bars, hotels, history, excellent protection, laundry ladies and on and on... and natural beauty. I cant think of another place which compares actually.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Frigast hasn't been back to confirm English Harbor, but it looks like there's a consensus and SanderO was the 1st to call it.

So, Sander0 want to step to the plate ?

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Thanks, but no.... I have had the "conch" alread (ref to Lord of the Flies)

Let someone else post one... I like seeing their locations.

Here a pic of English Harbor From Shirley Heights

Attachments

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Well, Zanshin is beating his way down the Chesapeake. Maybe Mark wants to post one? All I have at the moment are pictures of Naked Suntanned Maidens sunning themselves on the beach under the palm trees. They'd probably get me tossed. ;-)

Correction, Looks like Zanshin made anchor in the Solomons for the night. He's probably on his second exotic beer

·
Registered
Hunter 386
548 Posts
Morro Bay?
Yup. We came in in the dead of night. Imagine my surprise when I woke up to this view :)

Everywhere you go you see this picture of George C Scotts Yacht leaving in "unfavorable conditions" Makes you want to not leave.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Looks like a causeway in the FL keys. Understood, if you were looking for something more specific.

381 - 400 of 1718 Posts