SailNet Community banner

641 - 660 of 1721 Posts

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
I knew the fact that the masts were up would throw folks off but thought the Paris Fire Brigade sign in the background would be a good enough clue for anyone who could zoom beyond the lovely young lady out for a stroll.....:)
Did see the sapeurs-pompiers sign, which means fire brigade (having a fire truck parked there also helped!) but missed the word Paris i guess! Maybe too distracted by the young lady!

Meanwhile MarkofSeaLife....ya gunna have to pick photos us older, whose eyes have gone to h..l, folks can spot the ladies you've mentioned!

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
I looked past the buildings to the hills. Very distinctive :)

Here is one. I took this picture myself, I did sail here. My boats a couple of miles away, I took a train and a boat to get here from the marina. Looking for a fairly specific place.

Attachments

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
Since I have been fairly active with this, didn't want my lack of participation to imply anything other than heading back for this week to our place at 37.9149° N, 78.9438°W.

What that mostly means is that internet is pretty much not available like it was for us last week. Catch ya when we get back down a few thousand feet, meanwhile the snow calls. Clearly can't sail here but ya can spend the whole day on the water, just frozen variety!

Seeing photos from so many places has helped stoke our dreams. Thank you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Struggling to find the spot on this one.....thinking maybe somewhere on the Trent-Severn?

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
No, but we hope to make an engineless trip through the Trent Severn this summer. We aren't sure if we will take a canoe or stick a set of oars on the sailboat. Any way, there can't be that many horse drawn barges out there so I am going to hold off on clues for now. It's the only one I have ever seen :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
No, but we hope to make an engineless trip through the Trent Severn this summer. We aren't sure if we will take a canoe or stick a set of oars on the sailboat. Any way, there can't be that many horse drawn barges out there so I am going to hold off on clues for now. It's the only one I have ever seen :)
Yeah - Trent-Severn is on my someday list, too! Okay, somewhere out there is a canal with horse drawn barges.....back to the search!

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Clue time maybe. This memorial, not far away, marks the site of a battle between 900 Canadian + British troops and 8000 American troops.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Correct, that's the clue, but that is near where the first pic was taken. I am looking for the location of the first pic :)

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Tempest has it Upper Canada Village is one of my favourite spots. When the St Lawrence valley was flooded for the St Lawrence Seaway in the 1950s, whole towns were flooded. Several buildings with some historic significance were relocated to Upper Canada Village, which is now kind of a pioneer village run by Parks Canada.

The site includes; water driven saw and grist mill, blacksmith shop, cabinet maker, wool looms a horse drawn barge ride, farm animals a signal tower and a bunch of other cool stuff.

The marina is a couple miles away from the village and is connected to the village by a miniature train ride which passes over/through Cryslers Farm.

·
HANUMAN
2,836 Posts
Dang... I looking at "Upper Canada Village" and I'm like, OK yea, upper Canada BUT WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE DANG VILLAGE????? :)

641 - 660 of 1721 Posts