SailNet Community banner

1041 - 1060 of 1721 Posts

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
That's exactly right. How did you get that so fast? I was ready to give additional clues if needed.
I also gotta stop this as running out of places that are recognizable but not dead givaways (like this one!), that I have actually visited, and are boat accessible. Ton of cool sunset pictures from boat, swimming while at anchor, beach campfires, sitting in cockpit, yada, yada but no one would know were they are unless you were with us. Do have more lighthouses though, but we did a bunch of those a while ago. Will be back in Internet never never land for a bit so posting something in the interim, should go quickly, I hope!

So City (otta be easy)
Vantage point (less easy)
Explanation for the "cloud" on the horizon.

Need all three.

...oh Peruvian flags, my love of lighthouses, familiarity with Lake Titicaca=quick response.

Attachments

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
Seattle

From the Space Needle

Clouds in my Coffee, Clouds in my Coffee ?

IDK, Fog bank, Fires, Or could it be...Mount Olympus
Seattle, yup!
From the Space Needle, yup!
If you've been there you do know! Mt. Olympus was your closest guess! Been to Seattle more than once, but that "cloud" never moved.

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
Seattle, yup!
From the Space Needle, yup!
If you've been there you do know! Mt. Olympus was your closest guess! Been to Seattle more than once, but that "cloud" never moved.
Well...musta admit thought once Seattle was gained that this "cloud" would be figured in short order. As mentioned gunna be out of Internet land for next few so while I have access am throwing out the final clue!

Same city
Same vantage point
Same "cloud", different time of day, sunset, slightly different angle because the view from your table in Space Needle is constantly changing!

Tempest you are sooo....close!

Attachments

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
It's Rainier

vs rainier, which it can be in Seattle from clouds that do move!

Must admit given the fact Mt. Rainer is still considered active (well guess dormant is more accurate, but it is seismically active and thus not extinct) and it's close proximity to Seattle, kinda understand the "sleepless in Seattle" thing!

Didn't wanna lead with this last pic as was too much a gimme but now it's time to hand the conch off and gunna disappear for a few. Have fun!

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
Isn’t it rainier in England than Arizona?
Clearly, but not sure how Arizona got into this? Then again not sure how I got into this, but leaving now for places too remote for "Internetness" so getting out!

Tempest has the conch.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Not that long ago ,geologically speaking, a big chunk of that mountain fell off, slid down into Puget Sound and a few thousand years later became Tacoma. Just shows what an interesting place,

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
hahahahaha Only easy because I have been there... but not by drone...

Since I have the conch I will say that this game needs more participants instead of the same 3 or 4... once you "win" 2 or 3 times you should not be able to play...

And the pics need to ones taken by members not sucked off the WWW. I think I won once or twice so this is my last "play". Frankly a lot of the pics are ridiculous.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Sander, with all due respect, the " Rules" of the game were clarified by Zanshin , the OP And further clarified by Mark. They include the ability to post internet photos. Eliminating active participants is kind of silly It would simply end the game.

Personally, I've discovered places through this thread that I haven't been to, but are now on my list of must sees.

While, I'm at three mile harbor at least twice a year, my personal photos are more of the boat and crew, than the harbor itself, so I grabbed the last one off the net. Shoot me ! ;-)

BTW, I know your above harbor, but will hold off on the location. :)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
not Newport

rules schmules...

do what you want.... but I repeat that the rules are dumb...

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
297 Posts
Will not be participating for awhile but mostly because am heading to a remote location and thus sketchy "Internetland". I have been operating on the self imposed rule that I personally have been there for all of my posts and with all but possibly two exceptions actually took the photo as well. The couple times I did not use my photo was because the acquired one was of better quality. I also try to leave personal commentary regarding the location and hopefully help folks learn about the area or some fact about it. To me that is as important as answering the question "Where am I?".

The current answer to that question will just have to wait!

It's all good. :)

1041 - 1060 of 1721 Posts