1701 - 1720 of 1721 Posts

·
Registered
21,806 Posts
Not the mainland US. :wink

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
298 Posts
Well “obviously” BC Parliament Building in Victoria.... but I feel slightly robbed of victory ��
Sorry my friend but few replies and the ones tenured were heading the wrong direction with us heading away from civilization connection again!

Clearly wasn't obvious. Glad you got it!

Meanwhile Holie molie what a great basalt arch!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think it was pretty obvious, at least for those who've been to Victoria. I've been trying to not venture any guesses, but sometimes it's too tempting

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think that is good enough for the win.

Over to you jvlassak.

It is down by the volcano on the south coast of the Big Island. Old picture before the more recent eruptions.

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
298 Posts
I think it was pretty obvious, at least for those who've been to Victoria. I've been trying to not venture any guesses, but sometimes it's too tempting
Thought so too! Know the temptation, so couldn't help myself dropping the hint on this current one as well. Can't afford to hold the conch as gunna be gone yet again. Some great ID's over these past hundred plus pages. Y'all are the best.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thought so too! Know the temptation, so couldn't help myself dropping the hint on this current one as well. Can't afford to hold the conch as gunna be gone yet again. Some great ID's over these past hundred plus pages. Y'all are the best.
Didn't see your hint until just now - neat. Have fun in never never land. This conch has turned into a hot potato...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here's another picture of a bridge - it's the longest suspension bridge in that country. I think it's going to be difficult, so here are a few hints.

The bridge is located closer to the Pacific than the Atlantic, but spans a river that eventually flows into the Atlantic (or at least is a tributary to a river that flows into the Atlantic). The town is a port that serves as a gateway to areas that are accessible by boat only. The second image shows part of the town that flooded when I was there a few months ago, the third image shows the typical means of transportation on the river.

Name of town and bridge?

Attachments

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
298 Posts
Alright, why did you have to pick another bridge? I simply can't resist lighthouses or bridges. This one is truly a bridge too far and gunna be gone by morning. Hope i am wrong but suspect i am not:

Puente Presidente Guillermo Billinghurst (also known as Continental Bridge) over Madre de Dios River on the Amazon Basin, Puerto Maldonado, Peru.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Alright, why did you have to pick another bridge? I simply can't resist lighthouses or bridges. This one is truly a bridge too far and gunna be gone by morning. Hope i am wrong but suspect i am not:

Puente Presidente Guillermo Billinghurst (also known as Continental Bridge) over Madre de Dios River on the Amazon Basin, Puerto Maldonado, Peru.
You came through, my friend - I expected no less.:) I'm not sure how you figured it out, but it is the right answer! It's an interesting place to visit for several reasons and now you know where I've spent quite a bit of time the last few Januaries.

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
298 Posts
Well your hints were very thorough. Knew is was probably Amazon basin as so much not accessible except by boat. An interesting fact that you already know is that there are no bridges over he Amazon river proper, not because of any engineering issues but simply no roads to connect to it.

Ok a bridge I haver been under by boat and over by both land and air. Just cuz gotta get this one out there i am gunna violate my own rule and use a perspective i have seen but a photo not taken by me. Name of bridge and city. You want this potato back?!

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
298 Posts
Ok cuz gunna be gone again will post a couple hints. Sorry if it robs anyone but will be in never never land again for a bit. City is named after a place in Egypt. Bridge is named after a U.S. president known for his belief in the League of Nations. This is the second bridge there, Don't catch it at rush hour! Truly have stood at this point.

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
298 Posts
Ok cuz gunna be gone again will post a couple hints. Sorry if it robs anyone but will be in never never land again for a bit. City is named after a place in Egypt. Bridge is named after a U.S. president known for his belief in the League of Nations. This is the second bridge there, Don't catch it at rush hour! Truly have stood at this point.
Well am gunna be delaying our leave time secondary to a nasty low pressure system cranking up but hope to be gone by tomorrow, meanwhile am adding another picture very similar to one I took of the old and new bridges over Oregon Inlet a few ID's ago. This shows both the old and new spans of the current ID. This was taken in 2007. Scroll back up to see the pic of the new span at a distance from the north side. A final hint is the bridge is the only bridge in the United States that crosses the borders of three state-level jurisdictions.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have sat in heavy traffic many times on this bridge but I don’t have a decent picture to follow up with so will lead it to others to pin the tail on this particular donkey... suffice to say that a line of trees and a testament to your child gives you the name of the bridge.

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
298 Posts
Well your hints were very thorough. Knew is was probably Amazon basin as so much not accessible except by boat. An interesting fact that you already know is that there are no bridges over he Amazon river proper, not because of any engineering issues but simply no roads to connect to it.

Ok a bridge I haver been under by boat and over by both land and air. Just cuz gotta get this one out there i am gunna violate my own rule and use a perspective i have seen but a photo not taken by me. Name of bridge and city. You want this potato back?!

View attachment 135982
Ok cuz gunna be gone again will post a couple hints. Sorry if it robs anyone but will be in never never land again for a bit. City is named after a place in Egypt. Bridge is named after a U.S. president known for his belief in the League of Nations. This is the second bridge there, Don't catch it at rush hour! Truly have stood at this point. A final hint is the bridge is the only bridge in the United States that crosses the borders of three state-level jurisdictions.

Ok....now back and it appears that this has languished while gone. Have added all hints above and though at least one person seems to know the bridge with the above hints it has not been named. Will repost it and if not named within 24 hours will name it and bow out. Summer has arrived!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Your clues made it quite simple to find the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Alexandria VA, over the Potomac. The traffic jams around Washington DC are legendary. We should probably get away from bridges and look further afield to increase the numbers of participants.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Hard to tell with the focus somewhat off, but isn't that one of those indigenous reed boats on Lake Titicaca in Peru?

1701 - 1720 of 1721 Posts