Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
not Rodney Bay... but I see similarities

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
reminds me of BI... but I think not.... I've never been here. Where is there a small tide range?

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
I know the area very well... It's only a perspective seen arriving or departing Freeman Bay heading west. It's not technically English Harbor. I was fooled and should have known. I remember that fort as "powder keg"...

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
This could me many places... Withdraw this and please out up something with unique qualities.

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
Port Frank's isn't Goderich, Grand Bend or Kincardine, but it is one of the few places on the Canadian coast of Lake Huron that you can get a decent sized boat into (~2.5 meter draft) to escape a storm.

You only need to cross that bar once or twice in a wind with any kind of Westerly component to remember it :)
I see a tree lined shore... the depth of the sea is unknowable... It's too generic.

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
Never been.... looks nice... reminds me of ME which I do know a bit... where the mountains meet the sea as they say.

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
I walked my dogs in Kings Park many many times.

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
I don't see anything I recognize... geographically. It looks like it's a temperate latitude...

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
My comment from the first photos was it was in a temperate zone... the winter pics confirm that. ICW makes sense but where is difficult. Never done the ditch. Even figuring it was the ditch you can't tell where from the photos.

·
Registered
Contest 36s
7,329 Posts
Yes on the ditch. Delaware to Maryland.

I am surprised it is proving difficult as it sees many transients.
It looks like a generic narrow channel... river or the ditch...
I think the point of this thread is to post pics which have unique features.... There is hardly anything unique about that pic to me. It's like looking a mountain... and asking someone to identify it, Sure some mountains look unique.... others do not.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts