SailNet Community banner
21 - 40 of 548 Posts

·
Registered
Hobie Cat Getaway, previously HR34
23 Posts
The actual location is Havre Aubert in les iles de la madeleine (sometimes referred to as the Magdalen Islands). A beautiful stop with a protected anchorage.

Having picked a location that is perhaps a bit obscure or less travelled, I'll pass the thread to MacBlaze to offer a new location for those still following.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got curious yesterday and used google maps and found the location as well, but since I'd cheated I was going to wait until after 24h to post. From past threads with this type of game I know how good people are at guessing even the most obscure locations when there are sufficient clues, no matter how small, in the image. You've passed the baton to MacBlaze and let's see what sort of a location gets posted next.

·
Registered
Hunter 386
657 Posts
I got curious yesterday and used google maps and found the location as well, but since I'd cheated I was going to wait until after 24h to post. From past threads with this type of game I know how good people are at guessing even the most obscure locations when there are sufficient clues, no matter how small, in the image. You've passed the baton to MacBlaze and let's see what sort of a location gets posted next.
Ya I cheated too after my guess but was also waiting. The problem is I used up all my best pics in the last round...so here's an easy one:

Water Cloud Sky Water resources Atmosphere
Water Cloud Sky Water resources Atmosphere

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
With all that haze I was thinking of somewhere hotter and further south, then I saw the snow-capped peaks in the distance. It has been a while but I think it is Vancouver, CA; the island with nothing on it and gridded street layout seem to match.

·
Registered
Hunter 386
657 Posts
With all that haze I was thinking of somewhere hotter and further south, then I saw the snow-capped peaks in the distance. It has been a while but I think it is Vancouver, CA; the island with nothing on it and gridded street layout seem to match.
Vancouver it is. I hope to see it (and my boat) again someday. Sigh

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Isles Madeline, it is the little marina on the south shore.

les isles de Madalein, Quebec providence. Just north of PEI.

That is my guess anyway.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This picture was taken from an angle few see, I was hiking a trail that isn't easily found (a local gave me a photocopied trail-guidebook) but the location is a popular one. It isn't in the BVI or Bermuda but somewhere in between.

@hpeer - your guess is correct - but for the previous picture; you were unfortunately too late.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
This picture was taken from an angle few see, I was hiking a trail that isn't easily found (a local gave me a photocopied trail-guidebook) but the location is a popular one. It isn't in the BVI or Bermuda but somewhere in between.

@hpeer - your guess is correct - but for the previous picture; you were unfortunately too late.
Day late and a dollar short. I guess I was just so happy to finally recognize some place that I failed to go to page 2 of the thread. Premature once again!!!! LOL

BUT we did spend a week in that marina.

21 - 40 of 548 Posts