SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like a fun vacation for the whole family!

"
Luxury yachts offer pirate hunting cruises

Luxury ocean liners in Russia are offering pirate hunting cruises aboard armed private yachts off the Somali coast.

Pirate flag /Rex

Wealthy punters pay £3,500 per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.

When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

The yachts travel from Djibouti in Somalia to Mombasa in Kenya.

The ships deliberately cruise close to the coast at a speed of just five nautical miles in an attempt to attract the interest of pirates.
"

Best Regards,

e

.::.

·
Mud Hen #69, Mad Hatter
415 Posts
One of those stories that you hope is true.

I couldn't find it on Snopes.com, but it smacks of "urban legend". Such a gunboat couldn't make port in any country besides Russia without causing a customs stir.

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
Mercenaries taking on supercargo. Nice concept!

But they could quadruple their profit by selling the body parts on the black market for organ donors....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
"Oh Honeypoo.... Yoohoo! Good news!! I am going to let you and your girlfriends take a cruise together after all. Miss me, ok?"

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Mercenaries taking on supercargo. Nice concept!

But they could quadruple their profit by selling the body parts on the black market for organ donors....
Organlegging!!! (Scifi fans should get that reference...)

·
Waiting For Spring
424 Posts
Best way to prevent piracy. What pirate will run the risk of an RGP after a few of these run ins? Yes it is barbaric but i still think it will have more of an impact than anything anyone else in the area has done to help prevent piracy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Picturing the hunting lodge wall ...Elk, Moose, Antelope and Pirate...
For the price of that little junket, I wonder if taxidermy is included...just thinkin'.

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
"What pirate will run the risk of an RGP after a few of these run ins?"
Give 'em a month to get the word around, they'll pass around descriptions of the "tour yacht" and once they've identified it through binocs from miles away, they'll just pick another target.
They may be dumb but they're not stupid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts