SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, if you are planing a trip to the mexican caribbean, Belize, or Guatemala, and if you are coming from the North, the first place you touch is Isla Mujeres QRoo, México, and is were I live and I can provide information, al so you can find good info in the book : THE CRUISING GUIDE TO THE NORTHWEST CARIBBEAN BY Nigel Calder.
Any question e mail me please.

Sincerely Manuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Bradleywashburn, the most of the cruisers sail straight from Florida to Isla Mujeres, is in the northeast tip of the Peninsula of Yucatán. Once get here they reprovisioning and wait for a weather window and sail south. They are some places where they can stop on the way like Cozumel, Bahia del Espiritu Santo, Xcalac, or sail straight from Isla mujeres to Belize.
This is the good season to go south because you sail with the fronts that blow to the sauth.
You have the option to stop if you want in CUBA, many sailors did it- They are information of Cruising cuba. Nigel Calder did a nice cruising guide of Cuba too.

If you need more details you can mail me again.
Your friend, Manuel.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Could you recommend 1 or 2 secure marinas in the San Pedro, Belize area where we can keep our 42'' sailboat for the month of May. We will be sailing down from Mujeres where we have been for the winter Any way of getting hold of these marinas would also be greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts