SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to leave this coming Saturday night from Miami to Bimini and being back Monday night on a 37'. It's my first time from Miami to Bimini.
Condition look good for Saturday night, more challenging for Monday.
Should be concern for Monday night?
I appreciate any suggestion

Mauro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,517 Posts
Not a very long weather window tomorrow evening...how stout a 37' boat do you have and how is your engine...maybe better to just motor or motorsail the while way there. Do you have a good working inboard engine? Also, remember Bahamas is now $300 over 30 foot boat...ugh
 

·
美国华人, 帆船
Joined
·
2,528 Posts
I just checked the weather. If this is your first time, you would not want to cross. Wait for another week.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,884 Posts
Rain early, then northerlies from Sun to Mon. It's a no brainer to delay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Did this in '96:

Never on a northerner and Cat Cay may be an easier choice. Had a friend with a 40 footer. Left on a north wind. His wife quite sailing after that (and so did he!).

Cheers,
garyk59
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Mauro, looking forward to reading a report when you do return. Also post some photos. I'm interested, too, in what boat you have (as we have a J37 and are watching for others' experience) Thanks!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top