SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

19,468 Posts
Reaction score
Don't see any antifouling properties mentioned....

· Registered
3,182 Posts
Reaction score
I looked at your past posts, and most of them seemed to make some kind of sense. So I am tempted to put this one down to an overdose of recreational drugs, or hard liquor. NB : no matter how convinced you might be that you can fly, you can't.

· Freedom isn't free
3,354 Posts
Reaction score
Okay...I get it. but don't burn me at the stake for offering an idea. Remember, the sailing community once believed the world was flat.
Give us some credit, the sailing community figured out the world wasn't flat, long before the inboard motor was invented, and surely sooner than the lubbers figured it out.

· Registered
25,122 Posts
Reaction score
When exactly did the sailing community believe the world was flat? It's documented that it was hundreds of years BC that it was realized the earth was round. By the time Columbus attempted his sail to India, it had been known the earth was round for a couple of thousand years. An attempt to re-write history was made just a couple of hundred years ago.

I say it was a myth propagated by the stinkpotters. :)

· Registered
3,237 Posts
Reaction score
Not the first time I've heard something similar.

Truck bed liner has also been mentioned, to me, after drinks, a few.

· Learning the HARD way...
7,911 Posts
Reaction score

· Registered
77 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Give us some credit, the sailing community figured out the world wasn't flat, long before the inboard motor was invented, and surely sooner than the lubbers figured it out.
Yes, figured it out.
I'm dismayed that an idea prokes nothing but instant dismissal. At 57, I try and keep my mind open to there still being a better way. Surely there must be great security in having it all. I am far from being there.

· Learning the HARD way...
7,911 Posts
Reaction score
Lighten up... this is the internet, and the weather in the US of A has been horrible these past few weeks. I believe that my boat is buried under 4+ feet of snow, and I'm not alone. Your friends on SailNet are simply funning with you, because they're bored, and they can't work on their boats. (Well, that and we're all a bunch of AFOCs...)

Try it and let us know how it works out.

2,447 Posts
Reaction score
Reactions: eherlihy

· Registered
77 Posts
Reaction score
Ok No funning. (it this a work?). About 14 years ago I dipped the steel handles of my best garden pruners in the plasti dip because the plastic sleeves over the handles finally came off. The pruners were first purchased in 1975. So yesterday I was pruning my fruit trees with same pruners and the handles with the plasti dip were as good as the day I dipped them. Granted not salt water but the dip has held up very well.

As far as cold, snow and the like. Today I have to go down and put another day working on the boat. 70 degrees, sunny and lots to do. We have had 2 major rain storms all winter. This 70 degree weather is wearing me out. If we get a little rain, I get a break. This wonderful California weather is not all it is cracked up to be.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.