SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Reaction score
US immigration rules beat Antigua's any day of the week.
If there is a country in the world with an immigration policy that makes less sense, and is run more erratically, than the US's, I haven't seen it (and, I've been to a lot of places). :D

Reactions: christian.hess

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Reaction score
The goofiest thing about entering the US is the self check in. Last time I sailed back from the Bahamas, I had my decal and everthing and we tied up at Dinner Key Marina and called in. Customs told us to come to their office at the Port of Miami. So, we rented a car, loaded everybody up and drove their about four hours later, where they just asked us a couple of questions and then processed our paperwork. It's not like we would have brought our contraband with us.

I just left wondering what possible purpose it served. :confused:

On the other hand, I've met government dignitaries from other countries at US airports, and seen them put threw the ringer with Customs and Immigration, embarrassing us to no end, because we would not be put through any of that when visiting their country on business.

Reactions: zeehag
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.