SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
For my senior capstone project I will be designing a boat for beach/camp cruising. Right now I am just in the research phase of the project so I wrote up this surveys in hopes to gauge what people think about camp cruising and camp cruisers.

Thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to complete my survey. Also feel free to offer any suggestions or insights.

Survey 1

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
your poll at the bottom is messed up you cant select 2 in any column. unless its meant to do that then i messed up

but other wise done

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
done - but my answers may be skewed in that we've done a lot of this kind of camping by canoe, on rivers and lakes - I'm not sure how much 'different' it would be by day sailer - or if you'd end up with so many compromises that you'd have a boat that could do neither thing well.

good luck anyway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
live-aboards vs. portable

Many cruisers do not take their boats out of the water and are really in a different category from people with portable/trailerable boats that go camping. They will skew your results.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
A good example of a perfect camp-cruising boat is the Sea Pearl. :)

Although, my boat does make an excellent gunkholer, it really isn't camp cruising...since I have a head, galley, electricity, refrigeration, etc. on my boat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Questions 8 is supposed to only let you answer once per column. This so no one can just say that all the attributes are very important and rank them a 1. That being said I have gotten more than a few people saying that question 8 is setup wrong, since people don't understand I will either have to word it different or change it. Its all part of the learning process, and you have to listening to your customer.

To the question about what country this is in.
Im not exactly sure what you are asking, but I am from the USA. And it does not matter what country you are from to take the survey.

·
Administrator
9,165 Posts
I used to do a fair amount of beach cruising many years ago. Its a great way to go in certain areas of the country like the Georgia coast where there are undeveloped barrier islands. I have designed a few of these over the years and actually was an advisor to a high school student in Annapolis who was doing a similar project perhaps 15 years ago and so would be very interested in hearing how your project develops.

Regards,
Jeff

·
blue collar cruiser
370 Posts
Boat camping is great and an affordable way to get out on different bodies of water without buying a boat that can make it there and putting the time in to take it there. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts