SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GUYS,

My rigger's out to Spain..

I need a 6 foot long piece of Dyneema or Spectra (rated at 6000lbs) the one with less stretch possible..1% stretch or less.

what I need is New England rope, ENDURA 12 diameter 5 millimiter (5800lbs rating) or V12 6millimiter diameter with a Tuck Loop splice on each end, a pice of line 6 feet long, including the loops

So far no problem...THE PROBLEM is:

I need it by Thursday shipped to me in Portsmouth, NH.

All I need is a small 6 foot line with a 3 inch diameter spliced loop on each end, I can't do it, and don't have time, and by the time my rigger returns..I'm at sea with Chuck, his wife and Val's wife..

I really need it to be shipped to me so I receive it by thursday this week.

IF you know and can do it, PLEASE PLEASE pm me so I can get a Money Order sent to you to pay for it...

URGENT

SD gave me a phone number of an outfit but they don't answer.

Please help Alex

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
Gui-

Call me if you want me to go by the rigging shop tomorrow AM... :) I'm here at the marina, and they're about 5 minutes away.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Hey Buddy,

I saw the alert. I am working on it for you right now. I have half of it done:

Still working on the other loop, though. You did say six feet, right? Seems a long way to fall, but whatever.

- CD

·
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CD....I saw that loop...now I understand you better..

That must be the top of the line Texan Catalina sheet.....no wonder you don't sail...m,ust make your hands bleed...or do you use welders gloves when you sail???

Makes sense... you probably sail with a speedo and cowboy boots....what a redneck...

Now get the hell out of here...this is sailor's talk...not catle....beat it Sputnik

·
Handsome devil
3,477 Posts
Working on it...give me a few moments..

·
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
added this:

what I need is New England rope, ENDURA 12 5 millimiter (5800lbs rating) or V12 6millimiter with a Tuck Loop splice on each end, a pice of line 6 feet long, including the loops

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Try Nance & Underwood Rigging & Sails it's in Ft. Lauderdale but if they have it they should be able to overnight it 954-764-6001

·
Handsome devil
3,477 Posts
OK its done...checking on shipping to NH..before they make it...few more min..please..

Supposed to be at hospital I will stick around tell this gets done.

·
Handsome devil
3,477 Posts
Ok...Its being made as I type this...PM me where you want it shiped..

Reactions: camaraderie

·
Handsome devil
3,477 Posts
Who mentioned anything about payment..:p

Reactions: vabuckeye

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Call Monaghan's Marine, Weymouth, Mass. and ask for Pete. He will likely connect you with a pro on the spot.

·
Handsome devil
3,477 Posts
ON its way...Be there by 10:30 am tomorrow the 4th...you might have to sign for it??

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Geez Alex, just saw this. I could have hand carried it to your house on Saturday. :( that's what phones and PM's are for.

If you need anything else, call me - you have the number and I live in sailor world; if it's not to be had in Annapolis it's not to be had.

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
LOL... good point Chuckles... :) Except, Still would still have to ship it to you....since he's in PNW...

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Meanwhile, Alex called me twice today and I had to shut off the phone because I was in a meeting all afternoon, then I called back and he was off shopping somewhere. Hard worker isn't he.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts