SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
We recently acquired a used 1989 Starwing Point Jude. It came with the manual, which I will try to scan and make available when I have time.

We are pleased with the boat so far. It needs some TLC, but nothing major (that we’ve noticed). Big step up from our 8’ dinghy to a boat big enough for the whole family, and there is a learning curve as none of us has much experience. In the near term we will only be sailing on a small lake in New England.

I agree with Gostaman, the cockpit drain is probably meant for use on the trailer. There is a bilge of sorts between the after part of the cockpit floor and the floor of the aft storage compartment, but I don’t think it is connected to the drain. There is a transom drain plug in the aft cuddy which would drain this bilge if there were a lot of water in it and if the stern were sitting low enough (might only be the case while you’re on the boat ramp). The manual does not mention the drains.

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to sailboatdata.com the design was "First displayed in Edson Schock's How to Build Small Boats."
I found used copies of the book available on Abebooks.com, I think, when I looked for it. Alibris.com would be another good place to look. Or you could try bookshop.org or Amazon or Google Books.

It isn't clear from what I have seen that the book contains the complete design, but it's the best starting place I can suggest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts