SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i was thinking about exploring the San Pablo bay this week end. Anybody knows if Point San Pablo yacht harbor still exists and if it is safe for a 4ft draft boat?

thanks

Florent

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess sightseeing. From the resource I get on the internet it seems worthy of checking out, and it seems conveniently located as a halt for the day.

The chart I looked at showed 6-7ft in the channel and 4ft inside the harbor. Now, I know that in practice it could be deeper if properly maintained. I just want to make sure I won't end up like wreck number 1 on the map, or wreck number 2, or even wreck number 3 for that matter.

Florent

·
I don't discuss my member
2,672 Posts
"Properly maintained"?

Bwahahahaha! That place is the worst sh*thole in the Bay Area. But if you like tiny, dilapidated marinas owned and run by hardcore bikers, it's the place for you. :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let it be clear, I'm not looking to move there, just to pass by.

Hardcore bikers, eh?

·
I don't discuss my member
2,672 Posts
I drove in there once to have a look and the owner zoomed out in his convertible Caddy, pistol in his waistband and actually blocked the road so I couldn't leave until he'd questioned me. True story.

·
Gin Swilling Yacht Monkey
115 Posts
hmm, the yelp reviews are kind of intriguing, but fstbttms is pretty trustworthy on matters of marinas.. google earth it and see if you like it. I kinda want to go now just to see it.

There was an article in Lat 38 a while back, last year maybe, telling of someone who got stuck on a wreck near the entrance of the harbor marked by white sticks... looks like a place to navigate carefully.

SO!? what did you think of the place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts