SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've lurked here for a while but just registered today as a boat-buying opportunity has unexpectedly presented itself to us. We're Brits living in Switzerland and I hope you don't mind my asking for help in my first post (which I'll put on another board). Looks like a good, lively community here

·
Retired and happy
228 Posts
Hi Pipemma, and a very warm welcome to Sailnet. You are absolutely right that this is a lively community. It is a fantastic resource for sailors everywhere and I can thoroughly recommend keeping in touch with us. As a Scot presently living in the USA, I have found it invaluable, entertaining and just plain inspiring sometimes......:)

Stuart

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Hey Pipe! Welcome to SN dude! My advice is to never lead with your nose - just run in flailing and screaming like a mad man and you'll do fine.

Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Pipe! Welcome to SN dude! My advice is to never lead with your nose - just run in flailing and screaming like a mad man and you'll do fine.
Being of the female persuasion, maybe you can give me some clues how to do that? ;) :lol:

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Heh-heh - sorry Pipe. Do you prefer "Mad person", "Crazy lady", "Batty bird"? Regardless - the flailing thing is definitely the way to go!

With deepest respect and humblest regards, Smack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries! Actually, it was the "dude" that rather took me aback ;) And the name split would be pip-emma as in ack-emma and pip-emma, the old naval terms for am and pm. Thanks for the warm welcome though :)

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Oh thaaat - I call everyone "dude" - even nuns. It's just a rare genetic disorder.

Now as for the day and night thing - I just learned something. Sweet.

·
Registered
905 Posts
No worries! Actually, it was the "dude" that rather took me aback ;) And the name split would be pip-emma as in ack-emma and pip-emma, the old naval terms for am and pm. Thanks for the warm welcome though :)
At the risk of getting yelled at....instead of like a mad man, you have to simply flail hysterically.

"[From Latin hystericus, hysterical, from Greek husterikos, from huster, womb (from the former idea that disturbances in the womb caused hysteria).]"

Ha, notice that the dictionary says "former idea".......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts