SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Six, it is a national norm these days. Friend hired a house painter, the guy never showed up. Friend asked for fence estimates at a home show--none of them showed up. Friend asked for a contractor...another no show. Friend hired a new worker--come Monday, no one showed up, the guy got a better offer and didn't waste the dime calling. I know two diesel mechanics who'll make housecalls (in multiple years of checking around) but one is usually booked up a month ahead of time, and the other will work on engines--but doesn't do machine work work, you have to send that out separately. Oddly enough Bottom cleaners show up, but they come and go without anyone ever seeing them. Hmmmm....

It isn't just you or me, there's a whole chorus out there having the same problem. Try signing up for "Angie's List" on the web, although I'm sure there must be shills in theory every contractor recommended on there is recommended by other list members, for list members.

Lookout Steve, we're all moving to Clear Lake!

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
No, fst, it really is a mystery. You never see the guys at work--but you certainly CAN tell that the bottom has been cleaned.

Would you cleaners all be related to the wee folk that fix shoes and the like, unseen and unheard, when I leave the old shoes and a tot of uisbeaga out on the porch overnight? (G)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.