SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Poplar Island Narrows

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  travlin-easy 
I've been through several times, it can get a bit skinny in the middle at low tide, but nothing under 6 feet that I saw. The biggest problem is pound nets and crab pots, which are everywhere. It's not a place you want to navigate at night, though.

Knapps Narrows was where I had the problem. The water was plenty deep, but the current was screaming toward the Choptank and the bridge tender guy waited till the very last second to open the damned bridge. Even with full hard reverse, I was still moving forward at 2 MPH toward the bridge, despite the face that after talking with the bridge tender on the radio 10 minutes before my arrival, he failed to answer when I got within 500 feet of the bridge - Scared the crap out of me.

Gary :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.