SailNet Community banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
1968 Columbia 50
433 Posts
People still read these threads and buyers come across them when researching boats. Shorty seems to be one of the few posts on the thread answering the question instead of blah blah blah.

So a little slack
I apologize. I did not mean to come across as busting Shorty's chops. I just was pointing out that many or most of the posters on this thread haven't logged in for a long time, so the response he was hoping for from the previous posters on this thread might never happen. :eek:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
The hull bending in and out, sort of like what happens with an old-fashioned oil can when you squeeze it to get the oil out. It sort of "pops" in and out. It happens sometimes on some boats when you have large unsupported hull sections and you are in sporty conditions. The hull works and moves, and pops in and out in those larger unsupported sections, and mimics the movement of those old-fashioned oil can when you squeeze it to get the oil out.
I wonder just how many people have ever used a plink-plink style oil can? I have several and still use them occasionally. I always associate the sound with working with my grandfather. I doubt they've been sold in 50 years.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts