SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Moody 376
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mosquitos. I realize I got a shtty boat. But How do I make my boat less desirable as a habitat for mosquitos. Last few trips. To the boat. I have had swarms of mosquitos on the aft deck cockpit transom.
Basically it looks like that are spending the night aboard. But. The the specs of mosquito excrement left behind are a pita to clean

fwiw I am bow north in the slip no bugs on the bow

is the nice dry haven of Bimini and dodger?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Grille Automotive design

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Water Asphalt Motor vehicle

bell ringer
I also have never have mosquito poop. But I have spent an hour cleaning up after a night time Mayfly orgy.

Master Mariner
I'm thinking you have standing water near or in your boat. Could there be water inside near that vent? Often the bilge may be dry, but water can pool on stringers and frames behind the ceiling, which you can't easily see.
I'd buy a can of deet anti-mosquito spray and spray the back deck and that vent and see if that helps.

Registered
Moody 376
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@capta that vent is the vent in the aft head. no midges inside. no bugs inside the cabin. just outside in the cockpit under the dodger and bimini.

Stowed the bimini last sunday, and just left the dodger up. visited boat on wednesday, and the green dots are back.

Spoke to another boat owner and he said they have been worse this year compared to last year. Did not notice them myself last year.

now I just gotta figure out how to remove the poop with out stripping the wax each time....

Sigh...

Sailboats are fun....sailboats are fun....sailboats are fun.

Registered
Ignor the dirt and go sailing. A boat is a tool, not jewelry. What is wax?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts