SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lake Sailor
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prada Cup Finals are starting on Feb 13th in NZ, which means the 12the here in the US. I am thinking this thread is for discussion of these races as they happen. Note, there could and probably will be spoilers in here so be cautious of that. Also, it has already been discussed ad nauseum in regards to some people who despise the new boats and the technology and and and..... Let's let that discussion be someplace else. This is for the races and what is happening.

Broadcast schedule that I currently know is below, all times are US - CST and on NBCSN;
  • Friday February 12th, 9:00pm
  • Saturday February 13th, 9:30pm
  • Tuesday February 16th, 9:00pm
  • Thursday February 18th, 9:00pm
  • Friday February 19th, 9:00pm
  • Saturday February 20th, 9:00pm
  • Sunday February 21st, 9:00pm
This is as far out as I could go on my Comcast guide. (EDIT: That's all the races.)

·
Registered
23,445 Posts
Thanks. Races at 10pm Eastern US are a bit brutal. Good enough reason to hope anyone else wins, other than NZ. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The last race of day 4 looked like a clear port/starboard violation by the UK boat right at the start. But it wasn't called. Anyone else see it that way? What did I mis-interpret?

-Doug

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
The last race of day 4 looked like a clear port/starboard violation by the UK boat right at the start. But it wasn't called. Anyone else see it that way? What did I mis-interpret?

-Doug
UK tacked in front of Prada but there was no contact so they were clear.

·
Lake Sailor
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

-Doug
UK tacked in front of Prada but there was no contact so they were clear.
Nope.
Because Prada Luna Rossa changed course, they had to keep clear. It was discussed with the umpire during the race.

CHANGING COURSE 16.1 When a right-of-way boat changes course, she shall give the other boat room to keep clear.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Nope.
Because Prada Luna Rossa changed course, they had to keep clear. It was discussed with the umpire during the race.

CHANGING COURSE 16.1 When a right-of-way boat changes course, she shall give the other boat room to keep clear.
I don't understand why they have commentators who are clueless about match racing. Listening to the guy asking the judge about it was painful.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts