SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I made a total bone head move last night (I was in a hurry.. never take things apart in a hurry..). I took apart my Barient #23 2Speed ST winches, but forgot to take some pictures... I had found some diagrams a while ago, and so I thought I was covered. Looking at those diagrams now, I see that there are some large differences between them and the ones I have... I noticed that the diagrams I found online were for winches made after May of 1979. My boat was manufactured in 79. I'm guessing the winches were manufactured before May of 79 and that accounts for the differences. Does anybody have the diagram for this winch?

I have a fairly good memory, and took some notes... so hopefully I can manage without the reference, but I'd sure feel a lot better if somebody had a copy!!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have diagrams for my Barient's on a 1974 Tartan 41. There on the boat, and it will be Wednesday or Thursday before I'm back down there, but if you don't have any luck before then, holler and I'll bring them back to the house and send you a copy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out I got lucky... and there was pretty much only one way to put them back together! Thanks for your willingness to help!!! I did do one smart thing when I put them back together and took TONS of pictures so I'll have them next season. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.