SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On March 16th, 2013, Paragon pushed off from Oriental, North Carolina to spend 6 months sailing over 6000 nautical miles to Kinsale, Ireland.

We plan to stop and explore many exciting places along the way, including New York City, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Greenland, and Iceland. We will be filming all aspects of our voyage.

Once in Ireland we plan to hunker down for several months. Then, in January 2014, weekly episodes of Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure series will be begin.

We are Drake and Monique cruising aboard our Westsail 42 sailboat and home 'Paragon.' We aspire to sail all over the world, and to produce videos about the cruising life everywhere we go.

Fair winds, calm seas, happy sailing!

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Fair winds, Drake and Monique

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,299 Posts
I look forward to the videos!

Looks like you are ready (all three of you). Tip of the hat to Monique, who has come a long way a short time.

Let me know when you are in RI!

Fair winds!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just saw Monique's blog post about your departure. Congratulations on pushing off! I assume you are in New York by now since yesterday was a perfect day to make the jump from AC.

Are you going to continue north through the sound or are you going outside? If you stop anywhere along the CT cost, post something, I'd love to swing by and say hello.

Look forward to more videos!

Fair winds!

-Eric

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,293 Posts
Well done! Looking forward to more of your videos

Wising you well, fair winds and following seas

·
Registered
22,368 Posts
Nice tease for more, Drake.

Safe passage!!

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,299 Posts
I have come to expect well edited, and professional videos from you, and this is no exception. I look forward to more!

Thank you for sharing.

If you don't mind a little critique; I would love to see and hear you provide an overview of the planned route, and a summary of what happened during the trip (ex. "We covered 56 nautical miles, and it took us one day. During the trip we saw a pheasant, an elephant, and ran aground 3 times." :) ActiveCaptain provided excellent information about the shoaling along this stretch of the ICW.")

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have come to expect well edited, and professional videos from you, and this is no exception. I look forward to more!

Thank you for sharing.

If you don't mind a little critique; I would love to see and hear you provide an overview of the planned route, and a summary of what happened during the trip (ex. "We covered 56 nautical miles, and it took us one day. During the trip we saw a pheasant, an elephant, and ran aground 3 times." :) ActiveCaptain provided excellent information about the shoaling along this stretch of the ICW.")
Hi Eherlihy, Thanks! I absolutely appreciate this advice and any other suggestions you may have. I plan to do exactly as you've described when I start post production of the full episodes after we reach Ireland in 6 months.

·
Registered
22,368 Posts
Love it. Great pic at the end!! You both have the look of taking on a 6000 mile cruise.

Reactions: drakeParagon

·
Crotchety Old Member
910 Posts
On March 16th, 2013, Paragon pushed off from Oriental, North Carolina to spend 6 months sailing over 6000 nautical miles to Kinsale, Ireland.

We plan to stop and explore many exciting places along the way, including New York City, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Greenland, and Iceland. We will be filming all aspects of our voyage.

Once in Ireland we plan to hunker down for several months. Then, in January 2014, weekly episodes of Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure series will be begin.

We are Drake and Monique cruising aboard our Westsail 42 sailboat and home 'Paragon.' We aspire to sail all over the world, and to produce videos about the cruising life everywhere we go.

Fair winds, calm seas, happy sailing!

Preview - s/v Paragon North Atlantic Voyage - Leaving Oriental, NC - YouTube
Drake! Great to see you over here. I'll be watching you on your channel. Don't forget to have a look at ours, too.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Drake,

With some advanced notice (like a day or 2), I can film you going up the East River in NY, from the 35th floor of a waterfront skyscraper. Please let me know if you want that.

Also, you have a place to stay on land and a loaner car if you dock in Nassau County, NY. We'll get the NY Sailnetters together to buy you dinner too.

The new/repaired bowsprit looks great.

Fair winds.

Regards,
Brad

Reactions: drakeParagon
1 - 20 of 54 Posts