SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, my youngest boy, AKA kid from Hell, is prone and known for banging his head all over, especiall when we sail..

So today...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

:D :D :D :laugher :laugher :laugher :eek: :eek: :eek: :laugher :laugher :D :D

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Didn't I give you that idea? He looks a little sad that he can't put a fresh dent in his head. At least his English is improving, o diabo preguiçoso. "HELLO?"

Go back to bed! You need your rest!

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
No Longer a Contender!

That means he is out of the competiton. I am certain that I was within the top ten 'head bangers' for the last 3 years running. I accept doing this as part of the enjoyment I get from sailing. Helmets are for whimps. "Doesn't affect me, affect me, affect me." :laugher

Glad you are on the mend!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Well as long as he don't try to head butt anybody, like his big brother. :D
Considered a penalty in American Football and probably Scoccer (European football) also.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Didn't the Dog say years ago that we should all wear helmets when sailing?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
If the Nanny states have their way we would be wearing helmets in bed and sailing our boats in a shallow bathtub while wearing life jackets.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My brother has a Bic one design sailboard up at the cottage and a helmet is HIGHLY recommended. The older guy, Lionel Conacher (son of the great Charlie Conacher for those Canadian Sports Fans) on the left has been sailing for 50 years and the guy on the right (my brother) has been teaching sailboards for almost 20 years. This board is a rocket. Planes in about 10kn of wind, is stable, and pops up for air almost instantly. The only problem is that the 18" skeg trys to plane to the surface when your speeds get upwards of 20-25kn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts