SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Garmin 740S chart plotter and EV-1auto pilot professionally installed when I bought the boat. Unfortunately, the yard is 300 miles away. I have used them individually but had not attempted to used them in sync

According to the Garmin 740s manual, when I start navigation using the Route To/Go To or Guide To feature, if I am connected to a NMEA 2000 compatible autopilot , I should be prompted to engage it. This does not happen. Thus, I cannot use the autopilot to navigate a selected route.

I have confirmed in the Configuration setting that the 740S “sees” 3 Raymarine devices, presumable the 3 components in the autopilot.

What do you think?

·
Sailor
935 Posts
Any idea what those 3 Raymarine instruments are? Do you have several Raymarine instruments connected together via seatalk? Maybe the Garmin is not seeing the autopilot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved.......the Garmin plotter will prompt you to engage autopilot only if the autopilot is also a Garmin. Otherwise, the autopilot will give the Track option which one can then press to allow the autopilot and chart plotter to work together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts