SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the past couple of days, I began experienced an on-going problem that is difficult to describe. When I reply to a thread, the reply posts, but the page then seems to get "stuck". The telling signs are that my reply to the post stays in the reply to box like I haven't sent it yet, and there is a funny 3 bar pulsing graphic in the top right corner that never goes away.

If I try to respond to another post in that thread, I have to delete my previous post that is stuck in the reply to box - but when I am ready to send the reply, the "post reply" button does not work.

The only way to clear everything and get it to work again is to close that window, go back into Sailnet and choose the discussion again.

This has never happed previously, and it just began happening a few days ago. I am using MacOS and Safari. I have not tried it with another browser or operating system.

Mark

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
sometimes the ATTACH link is not there either.

·
Master Mariner
8,387 Posts
That orange three bar thing on the right never stops on my posts either, even after they have posted.

·
Old soul
4,551 Posts
I don't experience this (yet). I interpret the three-bar thingy as a progress bar showing that your message is being posted. It seems to last a second or two for me, but I am in good wifi service right now.

How is your connection Mark? Low bandwidth?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't experience this (yet). I interpret the three-bar thingy as a progress bar showing that your message is being posted. It seems to last a second or two for me, but I am in good wifi service right now.

How is your connection Mark? Low bandwidth?
Yes, that is how it used to work up until a couple of days ago. Bandwidth here is screaming.

Mark

·
Registered
233 Posts
Testing the I problem had...
Okay is it a feature or bug...that after you click "post reply" that the reply box stays open on your screen

·
Registered
233 Posts
Could not send two post back to back

·
Registered
233 Posts
Testing in Firefox

·
Registered
233 Posts
same thing Firefox, chrome, IE...now testing edge

Edge did the same thing

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
Noticed the same issue started several days ago on iPad/OS.

edit... it happened on this post. Texts remains in reply box, even after post is updated to the thread.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Noticed the same issue started several days ago on iPad/OS.

edit... it happened on this post. Texts remains in reply box, even after post is updated to the thread.
testing from my laptop

same

·
Administrator
1,332 Posts
If you are seeing the orange loading icon it may simply be that you are lagging in between posts.

- Cricket

1 - 20 of 31 Posts