SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

I'm looking for feedback about propellers from Pearson 35 owners with Atomic 4 engines. We have the OEM or OEM spec two blade prop on our Pearson 35 which is great in calm waters but makes the engine underpowered in adverse conditions. In short, we need to get 6 knots cruising speed under power accomplished at higher RPM's than the 1500 RPM at which I'm doing it now.

What do you have, what speeds do you get at what RPM, and how do you like it?

Mark

·
HANUMAN
2,837 Posts
Boat Seem Underpowered?

NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU...USE A ZINC. (don't ask me how I know)

Aside from that, the prop works wonders when pushing through a chop w/ headwinds and also helps in stopping, backing up. Does NOT eliminate prop walk, but does reduce it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rob. I've pretty much decided to get the Indigo based on information acquired on the Moyer Marine message board. I won't ask about the zinc, I promise. That's one promise Indigo made about its prop that I don't believe.

Mark

·
HANUMAN
2,837 Posts
Thanks, Rob. I've pretty much decided to get the Indigo based on information acquired on the Moyer Marine message board. I won't ask about the zinc, I promise. That's one promise Indigo made about its prop that I don't believe.

Mark
First couple of years I used a zinc. Third year I wintered in the water and figured the zinc could wait since, after all, I don't need one anyway....
Indigo was kind enough to sell me a second prop at a discount. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts