SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is a stretch but who knows... i have an atomic 4 motor and what i need is a 7/8" diameter 47.5 inches long prop shaft , prop not an issue i have one..... looking to buy trade barter what ever.... please all my sailing friends keep your eyes and ears open for me..... they want 500 bucks in my neck of the woods for a new one looking for something used and in great condition..... thanks everyone and the winds are looking warm theses days got to get my girl ready for the water

Sean

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have two suggestions. For a new shaft, try Ocean props in Middletown, RI, they set me up with a new AQ-19 shaft 3 years ago (1" dia x ~53" long with a taper at the prop end. I pulled out the receipt. The shaft price was $205. I added a new coupling mounted and faced, which added $85. I can't image that the cost has doubled in the last 3 years.
contact info is:
307 Oliphant Lane, #17
MIDDLETOWN, RI 02842 United States
Ph: 401-848-7877
Fax: 401-848-7964
Toll Free: 1-888-430-7767
Email [email protected]

The other alternative is to put in a call to the marine consignment shops. I use Wickford Marine Consignment, because it is nearby. They have a ton of stock and will search for what you need, and ship anywhere.

Contact Sam or Kathy Angelini Phone: 401-295-9709
Email [email protected] or call any day between 9:30am and 4:00pm.

Good Luck,
Chuck

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,265 Posts
Can you go to your local machine shop and have them make you one? I just had two water pump shafts turned at half the price of what Jabsco wanted for theirs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts