SailNet Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any prop shops close to Philly, and preferably on the PA side of the river? I need to have my prop shaft and transmission fitting fit and faced. I found two placed in Toms River, NJ, but that's about 2 hours in each direction. If I can find a place closer, I can have the work done during the week.

I did try searching, and the only one that I was able to find was Philly Boat Supply, but they don't work on sailboats (or that's what they told me). All the others seem to be in NJ, but that surprises me given the number of boats in PA.

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim,
You're probably right. But I don't know any machine shops in my area, and I'm always leery about having some random people do work.

I tried fitting the new flange onto the prop shaft, and the fit is too tight for me to do it by hand alone. So, I'm going to take it to either a machine shop (if I can find one near me) or to the prop shop on Friday.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,638 Posts
You're welcome Jim! Hope they are ok and dependable. I may need them in the future.. one just never knows..

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Denise,
FYI, G&K is closed, and Marine Coupling is in MN. There is a place called Atlantis Propellers in the Riverside area, but they seem to focus on outboard motors. In the end, if I'm going to drive that far, I may as well drive out to Toms River. There were 2 or 3 places out there that do what I need. These include:

J & B Marine Propeller Repair
230 Hickory Ln
Bayville, NJ 08721
(732) 269-2929

And

Ocean Propeller Co. Inc.
1 Executive Dr
Toms River, NJ 08755
(732) 929-1100

·
One of None
Hunter 34