SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1985 tayana 37, but she has no Prop. does anyone know the specs or where I can get them.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Depends on the engine, transmission gearing, etc... more information would be useful. I'd highly recommend you read the POST in my signature to help you get the most out of your time here. It has tips on searching sailnet, writing a good post, etc.. Welcome to the asylum.

·
560 Posts
I recently bought a new prop through West by North.

I'd highly suggest picking up the phone and calling them. You might want to find the transmission gearing as SD suggested (google is your friend). WBN will take care of you from there.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
You must state the motor and the gearbox reduction and the direction of rotation of the prop, and the shaft size and the shaft taper.

If you don't know the gearbox reduction, mark the flywheel and the final drive shaft and turn the flywheel until the final drive turns exactly once. Count the rumber of flywheel turns it needs to do it.

The Volvo MD17C turns the final drive shaft once for every 1.92 turns of the flywheel (the crankshaft, effectively).

Rockter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts