SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to gain some storage space and thought I'd like to hang move my propane tanks to a location off the boat such as the style I've seen where people hang them from their cockpit rail. I'm guessing this setup needs to be custom built but thought perhaps someone out there has made this conversion on their PSC. If so and if components are available pre-fabbed I'd be interested in learning where I might purchase these.

Thanks to all !!

·
19,484 Posts
We built our own out of 1/2" SS tubing.. about 4 feet or so bent into a shape as shown below. You'll need access to a proper tube bender for the right angles, but the ring can be formed over a mandrel or the tank's bottom ring itself. The two 'uprights' were then clamped to a pushpit upright or a stanchion. The distance from the ring to the upright ends needs allow for the actual tank diameter, of course.

Here's two hung with such a setup: a few bungees secured the tank(s) to the rail and the ring. btw - we had very little issue with rust compared to a similar tank in a 'locker'..

·
Registered
557 Posts
Kieth,

I hung ours off the aft rail with a SS fender holder and 2 clamps. EASY! :D

You just need to know that you should use one (1) connection hose from regulator (at the tank) to the stove. THINK SAFETY! ;)

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.