SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· snake charmer, cat herder
2,702 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unconventionally, as i already have done many times the regular normal kind... this time we head into town for a buncha pizza--3 large or extra large, we have canned tuna and we have fresh veggies for travelling, and fruits. a friend is baking some banana bread, and we will be fishing. i have enough rice on board to feed a revolution, and we are gonna head south on a 400 mile passage--should be a week or thereabouts, but we may stop along the way for helluvit or beer.....more pizza?? we see--depends on the catch of the day....could be 2 weeks..
..three and half to four years of doing it right--is time for a lil fun....
also carrying 4 of the 5 gallon water jugs, 160 gal tankage, 100 gal fuel, and food food food..lol--aint gonna die, but for this passage, is simple pizza and stuff run south---wish i had root beer and some really good vanilla ice cream----

will be showing my spot tracker on my website...

· Super Fuzzy
17,137 Posts
Reaction score
Spam for a four hundred mile passage ? No way. Maybe for desperate days after many weeks but really no excuse for 400nms. With enough rice and fresh veggies plus the odd fish surely no need to eat anything but fresh.

Enjoy btw. Oh how I'd love to be heading out right now.

Reactions: blowinstink

· Super Fuzzy
17,137 Posts
Reaction score
900 miles.straight across gulf,from just south of cancun to galviston via louisana.17 days.6 jars p-bu at( 2.2 lbs each )100 torts 17 gallons hot(heated by the sun)water.no bimini.in september. 22' footer.
wow .... what do you do for light relief ? Staple your scrotum to the floor ?

:):):):):):):)

· Super Fuzzy
17,137 Posts
Reaction score
End of trip.end of $$$$
A reasonable excuse. Have I missed a thread that tells more ? If not, where from and when ?

I once did 400nms on a 26'er one other person on tinned tomatoes and pasta but at least tinned tomatoes are more liquid than PB. That was in my 20s, I doubt I could do that today.

· snake charmer, cat herder
2,702 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont plan on buying pb.....watermelon, pizza, peaches, whatever good fruits are available, and whatever we want besides the 3 extra large pizzas...candy, chocolate, something to drink--sodas sometimes, and lots of water. coffee and chocolate, cream and sugar(unrefined)...
i already have so much rice n beans i need not buy more until 2015, even if i consumed some daily until then.

· Super Fuzzy
17,137 Posts
Reaction score
i dont plan on buying pb.....watermelon, pizza, peaches, whatever good fruits are available, and whatever we want besides the 3 extra large pizzas...candy, chocolate, something to drink--sodas sometimes, and lots of water. coffee and chocolate, cream and sugar(unrefined)...
i already have so much rice n beans i need not buy more until 2015, even if i consumed some daily until then.
Fruit is good but peaches take a bit of a hiding on board. Unless it is cold I don't drink a lot of coffee at sea but tea yes and I do like to carry the odd fruit cake (no I don't mean my lovely Wombet though she be a tadge nutty :p).

Bacon sandwiches are good too. Easy to throw together, filling and tasty.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.